The North Star Marine Veterans is committed to the principals on which the MCL North Star Detachment #943 was founded, which include supporting Disabled Veterans through donations and volunteer work to include the Minneapolis VA Hospital and VA Hospital volunteer services, Minnesota Veterans Homes, Wreaths Across America, Twin Cities Toys for Tots, and Veterans, widows and their children. We believe the expression of patriotism through education and example and the fostering of responsible citizenship among the youth in our community. Support of the needy and disadvantaged in our locale and appropriate assistance to every Marine, FMF Corpsman or Veteran who calls on our organization for help or support.
Through all our varied activities we have come to realize the tremendous need to do more to help our military personnel, Veterans and youth in our local. Here are some recent examples of our service:
· aided deceased Veteran’s widow caring for their son suffering with cancer
· assisted a Veteran with 3 children to move safely away from her abusive husband
· helped a Veteran’s son, who is also a Veteran, with his father’s funeral costs
· enabled a Marine to return home when his young wife died unexpectedly
· sponsored a Service Dog non-profit that pairs rescue dogs with Veterans
· provided scholarship money for the Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officer Training Cadets program at Como Park High School, Saint Paul, MN.
· supported the Marine Corps Twin Cities “Toys for Tots”
· gave recreational funds for the Minnesota Veterans Homes in Hastings and Minneapolis/St. Paul
· encouraged and supported the MN Veterans Home “Adopt a Vet for Christmas” program
More instances can be mentioned as to how earnestly involved we are in trying to make a difference.
I want to extend a heartfelt thank you for considering helping our Veterans. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you care about the work we do in trying to make a difference. Please consider donating; to help us better our community.